Saturday 15 May 2010

Let me introduce Paddy and Guinness













Paddy Guinness

These two cute puppies were born on Christmas Day 2009 and came to live at The Greenwood at 8 weeks old. Their Dad, Chas, is a Siberian Husky, and Mum, Roxy, is a Doberman/Labrador cross. Amazingly Roxy had 9 healthy puppies so finding homes was not that easy and I agreed to take two of them. Two weeks later I was beginning to regret my decision, but thankfully we have settled down together and I cannot imagine life without them. They certainly get into some scrapes and life would be much less fun without them (it would also be less stressful!)
When they arrived they were a little overawed by the amount of space in the house and garden and confined their wanderings to a few square metres, however it was not long before they began exploring and I discovered that the fences were no barrier to two determined puppies. Several strawberry plants were unearthed and eaten, a new rose bush was chewed – a drastic way to prune it, and holes were dug in the lawn in an attempt to eat dandelion roots.
All this activity was accompanied by long periods of sleep allowing me to catch up with chores in the house. Naturally my regular guests wanted to see the pups, but they were always asleep when they arrived.
They adore human contact and like all babies always sleep better when being cuddled. If I am not available they always snuggle up together. They are growing very fast and now look more like dogs and less like puppies. Not a day goes by without them doing something they should not be doing and I will be documenting their antics over the coming weeks. Most of the time I have to laugh…..but not always!

No comments:

Post a Comment