Tuesday 25 May 2010

MISCHIEVOUS - not us

Butter wouldn't melt would it? However the pups soon let me know that adventure was what life was all about. A fence was not a barrier but a hurdle, especially when the strawberry plants taste so good. This was one occasion when I did not laugh at their antics. My strawberries are my pride and joy and my guests enjoy having fresh berries on the table at breakfast, so to lose several plants (20 at the last count) was not amusing. So, more fence posts had be bought and a higher fence erected. Paddy and Guinness now had to look elsewhere for their entertainment.

There is a post and rail fence between the paddock and garden with stock fencing all around, so I was really surprised to find the puppies in the paddock. They discovered they were small enough to squeeze through the wire and freedom was on the other side. I was a little worried one day to find they had disappeared completely and found them trotting side by side up the neighbouring footpath towards the A38. So more fencing was bought. This stopped Paddy. Guinness however discovered that he has powerful springy legs and has an amazing ability to climb and he still managed to get through the fence. Initially Paddy was very upset at this and would howl and scrabble at the fence, but he eventually gave up and would simply lie down and wait for me to rescue Guinness. Easter was the worst time for retreiving escaping hounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment